BDCA receives very little funding from government and competition for grants is intense, so we really are more dependent than ever on the generosity of the community to keep our services running.
No donation is too small. And if you give monthly, you can help us do even more to change lives and transform our community!
Make a one-off donation
You can make a one-off gift to our work quickly and securely at any time through our online giving platform. You can claim Gift Aid if you’re eligible too.
Or if you prefer to donate by cheque, you can send it to us at Bonny Downs Community Association, The Well Community Centre, 49 Vicarage Lane, London E6 6DQ.
In either case, you can add a message to let us know if there’s a particular area of our work that you’d like us to put your gift towards!
Become a BDCA Buddy today!
Would you consider joining our growing community of BDCA Buddies who donate monthly to our work? Regular monthly giving means that even a small gift adds up to make a big difference in our community over time.
Becoming a BDCA Buddy is also the most efficient way to support our work, because it means we can direct your gift where it’s most every month! You can sign up quickly and securely here.
Why becoming a BDCA Buddy is good for you
- Quick, secure set-up online with flexibility to amend your gift at any time
- Knowing your monthly gifts add up over time to help transform lives in Newham!
- Access to a package of perks exclusive to BDCA Buddies: invitations to our VIP events, 25% discount on hire of our facilities for your private event once a year, and a shout out in our annual report (if you wish)
Why BDCA Buddies are good for us
- The predictability of regular income is invaluable to a local charity like ours!
- Help us plug any shortfalls because we can direct your gift to where it’s most needed each month.
- Most grants we apply for are for specific projects, but BDCA Buddies help us cover our running costs and keep our doors open for those in need!
Donate food and other items
Do you have high quality items that you no longer need? Or could you add a few household essentials to your next weekly shop? We’ll be sure to give them a good home!
We welcome online food deliveries at our foodbank, to arrive 10am – 2pm on Wednesdays only at Bonny Downs Baptist Church, E6 6BT.
We also welcome the following items at our Donation Station at The Well Community Centre, Monday to Friday between 9.30am – 5.30pm. We’ll make sure they go to local people in need!
- Non-perishable food items (such as jarred, tinned and dried foods)
- Unopened toiletries (such as shower gel, shampoo and nappies)
- New and good quality second-hand children’s clothing and shoes for ages 0 to 5
- New and good quality second-hand football boots, socks and shin pads for children and adults
- New and good quality second-hand school uniforms for local primary and secondary schools
- Brand new unopened toys (such as games, dolls, stationery and craft sets and headphones) for children in poverty
Due to very limited storage space, we’re sorry we can’t accept other items, including adult clothes.
Leave a gift of hope in your will
Leaving a gift in your will is the most wonderful act of generosity that helps your community to continue benefiting from our services for generations to come.
And, if you do decide to include us in your will, please let us know so we can say thank you properly!