Are you preparing for work? Do you need help with the job application process? Do you want to develop your skills to confidently communicate in the workplace?
If the answer is yes, join our free interactive workshops delivered by business volunteers!
Workshops include: Help writing your CV, preparing for interviews, completing job applications, building confidence in speaking, delivering presentations confidently, managing your time effectively and more!
Ensure that you book your space as sessions are limited to 15 people per session.
- Building confidence in challenging times: Tuesday 12th September 2023
Discover your strengths and areas where you have a growth or fixed mindset. Explore strategies to help build confidence by discovering your strengths and learning about fixed and growth mindsets, and celebrating your successes.
- Preparing for work – managing wellbeing and communication: Tuesday 26th September 2023
Preparing for work (interviews, job applications etc) can be stressful and affect your communication with others. Learn strategies you can apply to maintain your wellbeing at this time by setting SMART wellbeing goals.
- How to write a great CV: Tuesday 10th October 2023
Top tips for CV success. How to showcase your skills and experience to an employer.
- How to complete online job applications: Tuesday 7th November 2023
Many job applications are online now and some people find it hard to understand what is required. This workshop will give you some advice on what to put in each section and ways you can save time.
- How to write a cover letter or personal statement Tuesday 21st November 2023
You will learn some top tips on writing a cover letter to go with your application or how to complete a personal profile in a job application.
- Techniques to improve your confidence when speaking: Tuesday 5th December 2023
- Giving a good impression at a job interview Tuesday 9th January 2024
As you progress in your career, you may find you need to give presentations. This online module will take you through how to stand, how to use your slides most effectively and how to engage with your audience
- How to answer questions in job interviews: Tuesday 23rd January 2024
This workshop will look at some of the most common questions in job interviews, what to say, what not to say and how to structure your answers.
- Mock interviews: Tuesday 6th February 2024
This is your chance to put your skills into practise and have a mock interview. You can answer the mostly commonly asked questions and practise using effective body language
- Good time/workload management: Tuesday 20th February 2024
It can be difficult when you are out of work to manage your time well. This module has some tips on how you can make the most of the time you are searching for work and demonstrate good time management skills when you start your new job.
- Etiquette using communication tools: Tuesday 5th March 2024
There are some many different ways to communicate with others: phone, email, social media etc. Sometimes people don’t realise that each form has its own etiquette and that not following those unwritten rules in the workplace can sometimes cause problems
- How to write professional emails: Tuesday 16th April 2024
Email is used in nearly every job now, but not everyone has been trained in what should be in an email in terms of the right content to use, getting the tone right and conveying your message clearly. This workshop will give you advice on how you write a professional email.
- Creating presentations confidently: Tuesday 30th April 2024
As your career progresses, you may be asked to put together a presentation. This module will look at what tools you can use, how to structure your presentation and get the content right as well as how to plan the aims effectively.
- Delivering presentations confidently: Tuesday 14th May 2024
This workshop will take you through how to stand, how to use your slides most effectively and how to engage with your audience.