BDCA opens community centre for rapid Covid testing
BDCA is opening The Well Community Centre in East Ham for rapid Covid-19 testing for people without symptoms in priority groups, in partnership with Newham Council.
The service will be available to people aged 18+ who DO NOT have symptoms and are part of one or more of the groups listed below. The centre will open on Thursday 4 February for lateral flow testing, seven days a week.
“Since last March, Bonny Downs Community Association has been supporting the community through the pandemic with a wide range of services including our food bank and advice centre; our advocacy and befriending service for elders; and a programme of online activities to help families and adults stay connected and healthy.“
“As part of our commitment to supporting Newham’s recovery, we’re pleased to partner with London Borough of Newham to open our community centre rapid testing for priority groups, and we look forward to welcoming you at The Well.“
– Dave Mann, Chairman of Bonny Downs Community Association
Key information and next steps
Are you eligible for rapid testing? This service is open to people who DO NOT have symptoms in the following groups:
- People who care for others (this may be paid or unpaid)
- People who live in multi-generational households
- People who live with someone who has a long term condition or has been asked to shield
- People who have to go out for work or volunteering (can’t work or volunteer from home)
- People who live in overcrowded households
- To book a rapid test, visit London Borough of Newham’s booking page here. Alternatively, to book a test with symptoms, please follow Newham’s guidance in the infographic at the bottom of this page.
- For more information about the rapid testing service, please visit London Borough of Newham’s website here or email their team at email@example.com
- You can check the location of The Well Community Centre here. If you’re visiting The Well for a test, please wear a face covering to help protect others.
- Please do not contact Bonny Downs Community Association with queries about testing in Newham as we are unable to answer questions and are very busy supporting our neighbours in need.